Wednesday 28 December 2016

Snowed In Layout

Hiiiii hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Caroline here with another festive layout for you...



I used the following cut file, just the snowflake on the top left...


I cut the snowflake on my silhouette in just plain white card as I wanted it to stand out on my background card. Then I cute the actual snowflake in to two pieces and laid it on the background to see where I wanted it to sit.

Once I had glued those down I used a pokey tool and went around the snowflake shapes and then sewed them with bright white thread.

I used embellishments and paper to mount my photograph and decorate the page, finishing up with a few sprinkles of white paint.

I love this photo of the girls playing in the front garden on a very snowy day up in the Yorkshire hills.

Here are some more close ups...





Thanks so much for having a look and also can I say have a Very Happy New Year, bring on 2017 YAY!

'Til next time

C x

You can also find me on:
Facebook
Instagram
Pinterest
Twitter
Blog

Products Used:

PRODUCTS USED:









Light hold cutting mat for Cameo














































3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful layout Caroline - I quickly popped that snowflake set into my cart. Can I ask what you put under the card when you are using your pokey tool, and what do you use to ensure that the spacing of the holes is so even?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet, I love a good snowflake! I have a foam pad under mine, stiff foam, but a mouse mat is very similar! I just eyeball the holes, you get a rhythm going but I'm not too worried if it's not even as it all blends together. It's such a fun technique C x

      Delete
  2. I love the bright background that really makes it Zing!

    ReplyDelete