Monday 4 June 2018

An alternative use for the Rhinestone feature - Nuvo drops and papercrafting!




Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today's project features Rhinestones, and not in the traditional way. Instead, I used the Rhinestone feature and the pen holder to draw out the design onto card. From there, I used my Nuvo Drops to create a fun textured and coloured pattern as a background for my card.

An alternative use for the Rhinestone feature detail:

Now you can use any rhinestone design from the store, or create one with the rhinestone feature. For the first card, I used the Large Rhinestone Flower from the design store. Now when you load this into your design space, a warning will also appear informing you not to resize the design. This is very important you plan on using the design with rhinestones, as if you resize the design, the rhinestones will not fit into your template when cut as the circles will be a different size. However, I had planned to use this with Nuvo drops and therefore resizing would not be an issue. 


I resized the design to fit a 7.75" square card panel. When I was happy with the layout, I sent the design to my Cameo. I loaded the mat with a piece of white card, and instead of using a blade, I use the pen holder with a regular pencil to draw the design out. 



Once complete, I took a selection of Nuvo colours and placed a drop over each circle. The size of the circle drawn is a good indication of how big to make the drop. When you have finished filling in all the circles, there will be no pencil left showing. Allow this to dry, preferably overnight and then embellish the front with your sentiments. 




I also made a card using a design from the design store which was NOT a rhinestone design. When the design was loaded into my design space (stained glass heart), I opened up the Rhinestone tool window. I changed the size of the 'rhinestones' to 1 and reduced the spacing down until I was happy with the 'rhinestone' pattern. For more details on how to use the rhinestone feature, check out this post here.

This was drawn with the sketch pen holder and I used a single colour of Nuvo drops for a big bold statement.



If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

Large rhinestone flower by Sandi Idleman, Design ID #250702
Stained glass heart by Paige Evans, Design ID #216942

PRODUCTS USED:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment