Wednesday 13 June 2018

The World's Best Dad - Design of the Week - 12 June 2018



Hello, hello - Karen here with my Wednesday take on the free Design of the Week which is available all this week and just in time for Father's Day.


This file is a print and cut so perfect for making a Father's Day card in minutes.  You could simply print out the design, get your machine to perfectly cut it out and mount it onto a card with some foam pads and Hey Presto you have a card.

I chose to make it the title for a scrapbook page.



I started by stretching it length-ways so that it was nine inches tall - this made the design look more like a tall mug of hot chocolate rather than the original smaller one. This design lent itself to this but not all designs do.


Once the design was the size I wanted I added registration marks and printed it out.

Onto a blank design space I placed the mug where I wanted it and then added a small offset (0.05) and changed the lines to a dash line.  I trimmed 1 cm from the top and one side of my paper and added it to a piece of cardstock.  I then cut the dashed outline onto this.  I used a 'pokey tool' to make the holes bigger and stitched a white border.


Once I had added my printed design all that was left to do was to add my photo and embellishments.




I wonder what the free design will be next week - see you then!

1 comment: