Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday's with steph - Birthday card and layout combo




Hello all and a warm welcome to this weeks blog post!

So we have had a birthday this week - my oldest daughter has turned 17.  I am still in denial about this - like how could she be 17 when I am only 29 (ha ha ha) but she's turned it and I can't keep saying I'm 29 forever as she'll eventually catch-up or even over take lol!😂😂

So of course with her birthday present she was expecting a home-made card (a teen that appreciates the little things - I am soooooo winning at this parenting lark - only in some areas of course!!) So I chose this design: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/66640 chose dome dark peach heavy card stock and cut the design using cardstock, textured heavy 80lb in the material dropdown.  Also with my machine I also cut through twice as I find this works better for me.

I backed design with some glitter card that I had and here is the finished design!



So I was left with the off cuts from the card and it seemed such a shame to throw them away!  So I decided to make a layout including them and a photo of said oldest daughter on the page with the card. 

I used some card stock with a slight shimmer and then gave it a generous spray of Heidi Swapp's colour shine and layered the offcuts up on the left-hand side of the page.  I trimmed the page down to 11 inch square, distressed the edges and backed it on some coordinating paper from the pink fresh range that I gutted first.



I then popped my photo in the bottom right hand corner with a piece of the same glitter card that I had used to back the birthday card, a wooden title and some lettering from freckled fawn.  I felt that it needed a little something else so I added a sprinkling of sequins (I personally always think you can never have too many when it comes to sequins!!)



Well I hope you have enjoyed todays blog....

Until next week

Steph x x







No comments:

Post a Comment