Sunday 17 June 2018

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 Scrapbooking layout - Perfectly Peachy



Welcome all to this weeks blog :)

So after having a lovely long retreat weekend away at Theobalds Park in Hertfordshire I feel all rejuvenated and am bursting with scrapbooking ideas!

I found this beautiful cutfile by the uber talented Paige Taylor Evans https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/251086 and sent it to cut on the silhouette.  I used textured card so ensured that I selected - Textured Cardstock Heavy in the material selection and sent it to pass twice as I find this gives a cleaner cut.

It did take a while to cut but as soon as I started to poke through the petals I was a little in love with this cutfile and knew I would be using it again and again, it's just so beautiful!

I trimmed down both the left and right hand sides by 1/4 of an inch and backed the cutfile with some dark peach cardstock.  I then spritzed the page with a dark peach spray in a diagonal direction from top left to bottom right.  I then cut out a piece of co-ordinating paper in a nice centimetre circle for the middle of the page and my photo in an eight centimetre circle to sit directly in the middle of that. I then added my embellishments trying to balance them out i.e. if I added a circle style embellishment to the top left and side I would add one to the bottom right, same with the butterfly, pin and bows. 


My layout was almost complete but I felt that it needed something else to lift it so I added soft pink translucent sequins and solid gold hearts all over the page to give it that extra dazzle!



Well that's it until next week.

Happy scrapping

Love

Steph x


No comments:

Post a Comment