Hello, Karen here. I love making double slider cards as they are kind of magical when you pull one side and something pops out of the other side too.
I wanted to make a special card form my mum's birthday and decided on a double slider card.
You will need:
6in square white card blank
Pink glitter card
3 sheets of white A4 card
A plastic bag
Red double sided tape.
STEP 1 - Making Your Components.
- The design I chose was made to be used for planner stickers and so I had to enlarge it for my card.
- I opened the design and chose CROP from the MODIFY menu and this separated all the elements on the page.
- Next I deleted the ones I didn't want, leaving me with three printed panels and a circle.
- I used the DUPLICATE RIGHT option from the REPLICATE menu to mirror the panel with the white background. Then grouped the two parts.
- I rotated the other two panels 90 degrees and resized all three to 4ins wide and 3 ins tall. I also resized the circle to 1 inch wide and 1 in tall.
- On the two panels with the large flowers I drew a rectangle measuring 3.75 wide and 2.75 tall. Changed it's cut settings to NO CUT under the CUT SETTINGS menu. Then I filled this rectangle with white and changed the transparancy to 50% under the ADVANCED options in the FILL COLOUR menu. I then wrote my greeting on one and my verse on the other, remembering to set the text to NO CUT.
- I duplicated my circle and drew a straight line through one of them so that it would be cut in half and used the OFFSET option to make a 0.05 border around the shapes.
- The final element to prepare for printing is my sentiment. Again I changed the line to NO CUT as I wanted to print the words and filled them with pink. I added an offset border and my printed elements were ready to print.
- I then resized my butterfly background to 6 ins square and cut this from white card.
- To make the 'pocket' that the panels pop out of I cut a piece of white card 4.25ins wide and 10.25ins long. I scored this at .5in, 3.75in and 7 ins.
STEP TWO - Constructing Your Slider.
- Now for the fun bit. Cut a piece of plastic bag, long enough to go around the width of your pocket with a little overlap. wrap around the top of your pocket piece and secure with a piece of double sided tape. Make sure that the tape is on the left of your pocket.
- Secure the printed panel, with the sebtunebt on, with a small piece of tape attached to the left side of the plastic loop, printed side up.
- Turn your pocket over - keeping the plastic loop at the top and attach the printed panel, with the verse onto the left side of the plastic loop, printed side down.
- Now fold your pocket around the panels so that they are completely encased and use the .5 in fold to secure.
- Adhere the two printed half circles to the centre of the right panel - this is used to pull the sliders out and push them back again.
- Add the final printed panel to the front of the pocket.
STEP THREE - Constructing Your Card.
- Lay your card so that it opens from bottom to top and on the front score across at 3 ins from the bottom. Fold this to make an easel card using the final printed circle as the stopper.
- Cut a piece of glitter card measuring 6 ins square and adhere the butterfly panel on top of this.
- Attach the slider pocket to the middle of the butterfly panel and place your 'Happy Birthday' sentiment centrally onto this.
- Finally adhere the whole 6 in panel to the bottom only, of the front of your folded card.