Thursday 27 October 2016

Word Art, fill patterns and transparency techniques


Hi! Bev here with another tutorial using designs from the Silhouette store.  I created personalised word art for my childrens rooms and I love the way they have turned out!

What you will need:
  •  Silhouette Cameo/Portrait 
  •  Printer
  • Silhouette Printable Cotton Canvas
Step One.

Open a new page in your Silhouette Studio and select the 'Letter' size in the design page settings.  Most of the Silhouette media is in letter size so its important to remember to change the settings, especially if you are using the registration marks for a cut project.


Import the file from your library and ungroup



Select the box that says 'Name', right click and cut.  You should then select the Text tool and choose a font for your piece.  Scale it to fit in the space you have created by removing the name.


I had a bit of a play before I settled on a colour combination that I liked the most.  I wanted to create an ombre style and used the colour transparency tool to create this.
(but before the ombre, there was the rainbow)


To create the ombre effect you will need to decide a colour scheme (I chose the darkest pink).  Select a number of lines and click on advanced options.  At the bottom on the transparency tool, type 30.0, this will create a lighter colour.  Select the next block of lines and enter 60.0 in the transparency tool.  Leave the last block as they are and your ombre effect is complete.

Filling the name with a background is very simple but very effective.  Select the box with the name and click on the fill pattern tool.  Choose your background and it will display within the name on the page. Once you are happy with your design, print onto Silhouette printable cotton canvas and your project is complete!



I also used the same techniques for my sons name too.



I hope you have enjoyed this simple project and I look forward to seeing what you create!

DESIGNS USED:

Personalized Word Art by Rivka Wilkins Design ID#39043
Personalized Word Art by Rivka Wilkins Design ID#39026
Crown Pattern by American Crafts Design ID#20865
Fox Paper by Sweet Elsie Design ID#49165
Font used is SNF School Yard Bold Design ID #117263

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

  1. These turned out beautiful Bev. I'm sure your children are thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete