Sunday 9 October 2016

Papercut Halloween Door Wreath





Hey there, it's Sara. Here's another Halloween project for you! I am a wreath person, I have a wreath in our flat for every occasion of the year! For Halloween I wanted to use paper cut designs for my wreath and here is my tutorial for how you can create one yourself.

Supplies needed:

LD TILTED Font (ID #41556)
FALL HALLOWEEN WREATH Design (ID #148949)
BANNERS Design (ID #48734)
Chipboard 12" x 12"
Colored cardstock
Glitter cardstock
Padded adhesive tape
Scissor
SILHOUETTE CAMEO/PORTRAIT/CURIO





MAKING THE DESIGN:

Open your Fall Hallowen Wreath file.



Ungroup the file and separate the shape according to color and size. I doubled the leaves as I wanted to make the wreath look full.




Now have your card stock ready to be cut!


And start cutting each shape! As the glitter cardstock was quite thick, I used the same cut settings as for chip board.

And VOILA! Your wreath is ready to be assembled!




I wanted to add a bit of writing to the wreath,  so using the Tilted font, I wrote "Happy Halloween"



then I used the BANNERS file, I used the pennant shape.



Resize it to about 3 cm tall. Add two holes on the top of the pennant so you can hang it with a thread.


We need 14 of the pennant designs so duplicate the design till you have 14 of them!



Ungroup the text, resize the letters so each letter is small enough to fit the pennants, add the letters to the pennants.



Set your page size to your printer setting, add registration marks and print and cut your pennants. (Remember to choose to only cut the edge and the holes, not the letters!)





Using the adhesive padded tape to assemble your wreath. 
Use a thread to create your banner and hot glue it each side on the back of the wreath.




THE END RESULT:

A gorgeous wreath to welcome Halloween!



















`



DESIGNS USED:

       


PRODUCTS USED:














4 comments:

  1. Very informative. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath Sara. I've always been worried about cutting glitter cardstock with my Cameo but I see you have cut some of the leaves out with it so I might give it a try. Does it dull your blade?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy! I have been using glitter paper a lot in my company and cut it with my silhouette blade. So far so good ;) As long as you have the right settings it should last a long time. Just make sure to clean it after use as glitter gets stuck to the blade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! I have been using glitter paper a lot in my company and cut it with my silhouette blade. So far so good ;) As long as you have the right settings it should last a long time. Just make sure to clean it after use as glitter gets stuck to the blade.

    ReplyDelete