Thursday 20 October 2016

Use the Negatives



Hi! Niki here with you again today. Today I have used a cut file that I have used before. Whe I used it before I enlarged it like you see below to cover the whole 12x12 sheet and cut it out on white card. I placed the whole piece of white card over one sheet of patterned paper so the pattern showed through the butterfly shaped holes. 

Today however I have done the opposite. I cut this out on a sheet of patterned paper.  I left the butterflies on the mat and peeled off the rest of the sheet in one piece. I placed this piece over a sheet of white card and secured it in place with a little bit of tape, using it like a template. I then peeled off each butterfly and stuck in in place using the template. I raised each one up on foam pads. When all butterflies were in place I very carefully removed the template and was left with all these beautiful butterflies positioned perfectly onto my background white card. I bent all their wings up so they look like they are flying and stuck gems in the middle of each one.

Totally love the result :)


So will you use your cut files in this different way?

Happy scrapping xx 








Designs used:
Butterfly Heart

PRODUCTS USED:


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that's a lovely layout Niki. I guess I could use the same technique on a card front too!

    ReplyDelete