Wednesday 27 February 2019

Design of the Week - 26th January 2019 - Fresh Start Font


Hello, hello and happy Wednesday to you - hope you are enjoying the unseasonable sunshine that we are lucky enough to be experiencing.

Today's Design of the Week is a font - Fresh Start.

I really liked this font and decided to pair it with a Page Evans cut file that was released yesterday - Flower Heart. 
As anyone who is a regular reader of my blog posts knows, I like to mix things up a bit and so decided to use the font with a sketch pen rather than cut it out - this meant that I was able to easily journal around the edge of my page.



Also, I didn't want the heart design detached from my page - I only wanted the centre cut from my white 12 x 12 card.

  • Reduce the size of the heart to 10ins wide and add to the page, slightly off centre.

  • Release the compound path (this ungroups all of the parts of the design).


  • Select the outside line of the design and changed it's colour to blue (I am going to use a sketch pen on this line rather than a blade).


  • Select all of the elements in the design and group together.
  • Draw an 11 inch square and centre on the page.
  • Select the font Fresh Start.

  • Type the first word of your journaling. You will see a green box around your word with a cross inside a circle.  Drag the circle to the top left of your 11 inch square - you will now be able to journal around the square.  I changed my font size to 30. 





  • You are now ready to cut the red lines and sketch the blue ones. 


Once cut/sketched I  backfilled my flowers, added my photo and a few chipboard embellishments.




PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment: