Sunday 3 February 2019

Sunday's with Steph - 12 x 12 scrapbooking layout - Happy girls are the prettiest



Hello crafters and welcome to this weeks blog post!

Can you believe we are in February already....it will be Christmas again before we know it!!!  Anyway back to this weeks post.

I found this lovely quote from Audrey Hepburn on the Silhouette store https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/designs/271529?search=aztec+background&sortby=relevance&submitted_search=true but before I cut it out I altered it slightly.  I highlighted the text and ungrouped it all.  I deleted Audrey's name then I re grouped "Happy girls" together and moved it to the top right corner and "Are the prettiest" to the bottom left.  I then sent the image to cut using Bazzill Diamond card on the cardstock textured, heavy and sent it to pass through twice.




Once the card was cut I flicked paint at it in red, gold and pink and left it to dry.  Once dry I backed it with a sheet of paper that had roses printed all over it  and then drew round the letters in a grey pen to give a stitched effect.  I found a photo of my daughter that I trimmed down to 2.5 inches x 5 inches and backed it on more white card.  I popped a gold doily under it and a piece of spotty card (approximately 1 inch x 6 inches) I cut a sofa in half and placed that under the bottom right hand corner of the photo then three small white roses, some black and white heart buttons with gold thread, a "today" wooden perspective and a bunch of sequins and enamel dots in red, black and pink.  In the top left hand corner I added some swing tags on gold thread and a few more sequins and enamel dots!





Wishing you all a lovely week!

Love

Steph x x


No comments:

Post a Comment