Friday 1 February 2019

Translucent vinyl light box inserts

Hiya Silhouette friends

This week we have been playing with translucent vinyl...a new product for me and great fun.

I had so many different ideas going through my head, thinking of how to use it. I wanted to shine a light through it as it is such a pretty medium.

In the end I decided to make some inserts to use in my light box. I have only ever used the boring black letters it came with so this was a big change!

I measured the size of the current inserts (2.5 inches high) and cut some acetate to fit (recycled from some packaging). I wanted to use 3 words in a simple font and decided that LIVE, LOVE and LAUGH were perfect in this cutfile.

I cut the vinyl into 2 inch strips and cut each word in a different colour


I used the transfer tape to lift the word...


and place it onto the acetate background...


I added a small image to each acetate  ( heart from here, balloon from here and emoji from here) and it was complete...


I used 3 of the images on small glass candle holders...




The vinyl is very pretty and has a slight shimmer and sheen to it making it perfect for so many different projects... have you used it before? I would love to see your creations

Have a fab crafty week

Ruth
xxx

1 comment: