Wednesday 20 February 2019

Design of the Week - You're A Lovely Human - 19th February 2019 - Doming Kit


This week's design is a phrase 'You're A Lovely Human' - useful for both scrapbook pages or cards.

I didn't want to use it as a title for my page so decided to pull out the Silhouette Doming Kit that I was fortunate enough to have been sent to try out.


I will say that this is not a quick process as it takes 12 hours for the resin to cure so not an option if you want to make something in a hurry. 


Inside the kit are the two solutions that you mix together to make the epoxy (A & B) a mixing syringe three nozzles, cocktail sticks and a download card with 10 designs.

Also three sheets of clear and three sheets of white sticker sheets with three laminating sheets for the white sticker sheets.


There are very comprehensive instructions on using the kit here

For my project I decided to use a photo of my daughter in scrubs and build the embelishments around it.

I chose several designs from the Silhouette Design Store which would be in keeping with my theme.  After resizing them I printed them onto a clear sticker sheet and then domed them.  I made my designs various sizes from large, for my title, to small for the heart, to see how well the kit worked on large and small stickers.



Unfortunately, I was too impatient and dabbed my finger onto the title and heart to see if they had set and ended up smudging them - be warned the old adage 'Patience is a virtue' does apply here. 




I used a stethoscope and heartbeat pattern, with a sketch pen for a border on my page and finished off with a heart/Stethoscope/doctor cut shape.



DESIGNS USED:

  
PRODUCTS USED:





No comments:

Post a Comment