Friday 22 February 2019

Stash busting with my Silhouette February addition

Welcome to my second instalment of stash busting with my Silhouette!

This month I decided to use large cutfiles from the Silhouette Design Store to use up more paper and fill my page, adding interest to my scrapbook pages.

I was still feeling the love post Valentine's Day and chose 2 heart designs. Firstly the cut and fold hearts heart by Paige Evans 


and the fringed scallop heart
I cut the fold and cut hearts out from double sided patterned paper, backing it with a co-ordinating design...


I used several different papers to layer under my photo 


A few chipboard hearts scattered around the photo, tags, a title and a journalling block and my layout was complete...


The fringed scallop heart has a base then 16 pieces that make up the scallops. I used some plain cardstock for the base and 2 sheets of matching patterned paper for the rest.

I painted a pale pink border where the heart was going to be stuck down and added a gold edge. flicking some gold mist around the page


It was simple to layer up the pink patterned paper pieces and I fluffed up the edges to give more dimension


2 photos were added with some extra paper behind, a title and some journalling


I loved how much texture these two cut files gave to my scrapbooking and I definitely managed to use up quite a bit of patterned paper as well so very happy!

Please come visit the blog again soon, I will be back next Friday trying out a new (to me) product and hopefully making something to help my weight loss journey

Happy creating

love

Ruth xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment