Wednesday 1 August 2018

Design Of The Week - Adventure Awaits - 31st July 18



Hello, hello - Karen here with this week's free design - which is a phrase cut file Adventure Awaits.

I thought this would look lovely as a large title cut from a piece of white card and overlaid onto a piece of patterned paper.  I resized the design to 10 ins wide and added a 11 inch square as I wanted a .5 in border of patterned paper to show around the edge of my page. I also removed 'awaits' as I wanted to add this to my photo later. 


Once cut I added it to a piece of paper from the All Occasions Pad (available from Graphtec UK).  I then printed some embellishments onto Printable Glitter Sticker Sheets and the word 'awaits'.  



Before cutting out my sticker sheets I peeled off the backing sheet and stuck the whole sheet to a piece of white card.  This was to give the stickers a little more rigidity as I wanted to use foam pads to stick them to my page.  I then adjusted my blade to 7 and the pass to 2 and they cut beautifully.


I used this globe (click on picture to follow link to Silhouette Store)
and these stickers 

The colours were quite subtle when printed onto the glitter sticker paper but I liked that effect.  If you wanted them to be more intense you could print them on a photo setting.






2 comments: