Wednesday 8 August 2018

Design of the Week - Can't Touch This - 7th July 2018




Hello, hello - I have made a lovely new make-up bag, ready for my impending holiday, with this week's design of the week - 'Can't Touch This' which I felt was really appropriate as everyone knows you never, ever touch my make-up!


I knew I wanted to use the design as a print and cut file so opened it onto a letter sized design space and found that the cactus was in several parts.  I grouped all the parts of the cactus together and then changed the colour of the text to that of the cactus flowers by using the colour picker tool.


I then mirrored  the cactus and placed it on the other side of the phrase.


Next the size of all elements was changed to 3 ins tall.


I then decided that I wanted a border top and bottom.

I replicated the cactus and placed it above my design, reducing the size to 1 inch tall and then used the mirror right function eleven times to give me a border of 12 cacti.  



Next group the twelve cacti and centre these to your design and replicate below, moving them until you are happy with the design.


You now have to remove all the cut lines.  To do this activate all the elements, go to 'Send' and click on the 'No Cut' option


Add an offset to your design and turn on your registration marks. 



And there we have it all ready to be printed onto printable cotton, cut out and added to a make up bag. 











No comments:

Post a Comment