Sunday 5 August 2018

Sundays with Steph 12 x 12 Scrapbooking Layout with Paige Taylor Evans Beautiful cutfile




Hello - Steph here with greetings from sunny France!

I have just spend the last six days in a quaint little gite in Loire Valley and yesterday we took a drive to Montpon-Menesterol just outside of Bergerac to stay in another gite. Lucky o' us...it truly is stunning and my husband is uber happy as it has a marvellous fishing lake just outside!!

But now back to this weeks blog - I was totally going to do a different layout then my husband and the girls went to this lake with an inflatable obstacle course and paddle boards and the photos were just too great I had to use them like now!! Sooooo as we were short on space I decided to not bring my selphy (rookie mistake!) but all was not lost I could print them out in my local intermarche - no problem...only there was of course it's in French and my school girl French was not translating what was on the screen! So instead of eight photos on a 10 x 15 inch piece of paper I ended up with eight photos on a 6 x 4 piece of paper so I shuffled things around a bit and I was really rather happy with it in the end!!




So prior to my holiday I cut out quite a few files, this one of Paige Taylor Evans was particularly lovely: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/269065 and I decided to use it along with a Dear Lizzy Stay Colourful 6 x 6 pad I had in my collection.

First of all I drew round the outsides of the letters and cut them out slightly smaller before sticking them onto the undersides of the file. Once completed I stuck it to the left hand side of my 12 x 12 paper. As I had planned to use a 3 x 4 photo I had cut out a white piece of bazzill textured card to act as the boarder for my photo and had placed it on a piece of paper the same as the letter "T" in the word beautiful. As what I got developed was smaller than I expected I backed it on the same white card again and then the blue and positioned it to the right hand side of the original piece of card which gave me the perfect space for the title from Bramble Fox (Stay Wild)



I also positioned a couple of mermaids around the photo as that's what we always call our daughter as she just loves the water (it doesn't matter what it is lake, pool, sea, bath or puddle if she sees it, she's in it - I hope she never changes and stays just that little bit wild at heart!) and placed enamel dots in coordinating colours around the page and that was it finished!



Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post :o)

Until next week

Take care,

Steph x x












1 comment: