Monday 20 August 2018

I love you more than all the stars - A card that keeps its meaning even in the dark!




Hi everyone. It's Verity here from Pretty Little Button bringing you another project. Today's project features the printable glow in the dark sticker paper. However, for this project, I didn't print onto the paper, but just instead directly cut out the design to stick on to my card. It is quite an easy project, so great to whip up in a tight spot!

I love you more than all the stars card detail: 


To start, find and download your design from the design store and locate this in your library. For this card, I used this 'I love you more than all the stars quote' by Sarah Hurley. Add the design to your design space and resize to the desired size of your card. I created an A6 (UK sizing) card. 

In order to make sure it would fit my card panel, I drew a rectangle that matched the measurement of my card panel. I changed the line colour to purple which will make it easier when cutting later.


Having made the design smaller, some of the smaller stars were very small and I felt would be too small to cut adequately and wouldn't be easy enough to transfer from the backing sheet to my card. Therefore, I ungrouped the design and removed the smallest stars. In addition, I copied and pasted a variety of different sizes of the stars to fill out the card more. 

When I was ready to cut this, I cut by line colour and only cut the red line - not the purple line which was the rectangle box showing the size of my card panel.




Once cut, I used the Silhouette Spatula to help lift the cut out stickers of the backing sheet and onto my card panel.

I created the background card panel using my watercolours. I made sure that I added a generous amount of clear water to a piece of watercolour card. I then dropped in a variety of blues and, greys and black colours into the water allowing to blend. I also added small amounts of purple, yellow and orange colours to help give that 'galaxy' look. This was dried with a heat gun, and I repeated several times until I was happy with the look. Don't worry, it will look a mess when you are making it, but it will look great in the end!

I love you more than all the stars card photos:








I have to admit, I was really impressed by the look of this card when I went into a dark room, it shines so brightly. I took this picture on a tile surface, and the stickers are that bright that they are starting to create a reflection


If this has inspired you to try this out, please post below. I would love to see it!

Until next time,

Verity




Profile Pretty Little Button Blog | Instagram | Facebook

DESIGNS USED:

I love you more than all the stars quote by Sarah Hurley - Design ID #244651

PRODUCTS USED:


     

3 comments:

  1. Super, fun and beautiful card. Thanks for the tips on using the paper.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello viewer am here to share my testimony on how i join the brotherhood of illuminati..8months back when i want to join the brotherhood i was fraud and scam by the fake people use the website..until i meet a friend here called MR Jefferson ..who helped me to become a member of the great brotherhood of illuminati. today i can boost of money .if u are interested and u need the help of my helper..CALL or WHAT'S APP him on. (+1 873-371-0171 ) thank u as u make up u mind to join ...may god baphomet bless you

    ReplyDelete