Wednesday 29 August 2018

Design of the Week - Play Ball - 28th August 2018



Hello, Karen here with my Wednesday post featuring this weeks DOTW - Play Ball.
As we all know, The Silhouette Design Store is based in the USA and as such many of the designs cater for that market - this being one of them.  As I don't have anyone who plays baseball and subsequently don't have any baseball themed photos I decided to dispense with the ball and just use the title.  I did wonder if the ball was cut from red it could pass for a cricket ball but I don't have any cricket players in the family either.

So I removed the ball from the design and cut the title from Gold Foil to use on a page telling the story of how my dog, Kiera, likes to hunt around the perimeter of the football pitch, after a game, to find stray balls.  Once they are found she will lay on them with her paws curled around the ball to prevent anyone taking them away. 

I added the word 'nicely' to my title and also used gold foil for the photo mat.


As you can see I used my Silhouette to cut the scalloped white card and the double photo mat, also I cut two scalloped strips too.

I added a few stickers and some felt roses (£1.00 bargain from The Range) and wrote my journaling onto a card with a Silhouette sketch pen. 

So what will you be using this design for - perhaps you have a baseballer in your life or a cricketer?





No comments:

Post a Comment