Sunday 12 August 2018

Sundays with Steph – 12 x 12 Scrapbooking layout with Dear Lizzy Stay Colourful papers and embellishments



Hello – Steph here with the next instalment of Sunday’s with Steph!

We are still in sunny France so my lovely fellow design team member Janet has posted on my behalf as my sketchy wifi here doesn’t like blogger and to send and receive photos for some reason??

So I bought with me a full page cutfile: https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/268652 which had taken about twenty minutes to cut on bazzill cardstock but what I hadn’t noticed at the time of cutting was I hadn’t aligned my blade correctly so after trimming the page down my page size was 11.8 inches x 11.5inches but I was just going to go with it….maybe?


So I started pushing through the petals with my finger which was taking an age…I eventually thought about using my pokey tool which worked a treat and took me another twenty minutes or so to poke each petal through!


It really is a beautiful file just on its own and I did just look at it for a while wondering what I was going to do with it. If I’m honest if I was at home I probably would have given up with it as I was lacking in direction on which way to take it but I’m glad I persevered. I first started putting different pieces of paper behind it to see what and how much you could see through the file. The answer is not much, but you do need something to back it. I was a bit miffed about using a whole sheet of beautiful paper when you really saw very little of it poking through – mehh!!


So I was rifling through my craft bag looking for a piece of paper to scream - USE ME (which wasn’t happening) but what did jump into my hand (figuratively speaking) was a 6 x 6 pad from the Dear Lizzy stay colourful collection. It had lots of bits of off cuts so I decided to “patchwork” the back of this file. Hurrah I had a plan! But how do I start? Where do I start with all these little scrappy pieces of paper? So, with the wise words of my lovely scrappy friend Snow echoing in my mind saying “Just stick it down” I did!


I worked my way from the top left-hand side of the page sticking and patching as I went. When I turned it over to have a look I was happy with the look of the page. I added a border of the rainbow Dear Lizzy paper to the top and the left-hand side of the page to make it up to a regular 12 x 12 page and then started to add some other pieces of paper, photos and stickers to the page. It wasn’t quite right so I found some pink crepe paper which I added to the bottom of the cluster and another smaller piece to the top left hand-side. I added a title which sat in snug at the top right-hand side of the cluster and added a few other bits and pieces to the very top right hand corner (to cover up a join of paper and that’s it… I was done…or was I….


I looked at the “completed” page and realised it needed something more…sequins!! So using my uber handy “Pick me up” tool (available here: https://www.graphtecgb.shop/product/pick-me-up-pen-tool-04/) I added a dusting of turquoise, pink and mauve sequins all over the layout and gave it that finishing touch that I was looking for!

Thank you for reading…until next time!

Steph x x


No comments:

Post a Comment