Wednesday 22 August 2018

Design Of The Week - Watering Can With Flowers - 21st August 2018



Hello, hello - I have another free design of the week to show you.  This week's design is a print and cut design called Watering Can With Flowers.

I was a little unsure what to do with it and then I remembered that it is Mum's birthday in September and thought that like all good girl guides I should 'be prepared'.  So how was I going to use this design in a way that was a little different?


I am not a fan of decoupage but thought that this design would lend itself really well to this technique.  Rather than fuss about separating all the elements and printing them out I decided that I would print and cut them as whole pieces and then use scissors to cut away the bits I didn't want.


I decided I would make a co-ordinating tag to go with my card so printed out the design three times large and three times smaller.


Once I had cut these out I snipped the handle and spout from one and layered this onto another and then snipped the tag and flowers from the third and layered onto the first two.



I then cut two tag shapes, added faux sketch pen stitching and then used foam pads to adhere the watering can to the to which resulted in a lovely little card with a matching gift tag.



No comments:

Post a Comment